Friday, July 31, 2009

Hill Cumorah!!!

Wow! July has been absolutely amazing! We had the opportunity to spend a few weeks in Palmyra, NY and participate in the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was so fun to portray the stories told in the Book of Mormon. Seth was able to play the part of Nephi and I was a Harvest Worker. We went with my family. When we first arrived at the Hill I couldn't imagine how the Directors of the show would be able to put this all together but they did and it turned out great! The show has so many cool effects. At one part Seth is playing Nephi in the vision of the Tree of Life and he had to walk through a wall of water which made the scene look very dreamy with the mist. We were also taught how to be missionaries and proselyte. A couple hours before each show we were required to be in costume and talk to the audience about the show and about the Book of Mormon. We got so many referals for the missionaries. I was actually surprised at how hard missionary work could be :-) We are definitely going to do this again some day! Hopefully I can post pictures and show you all what is was like.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You must have one hunk of a husband to be Nephi. :) My hubby and I are hoping to make it out there next summer (since it's only a few hours drive from our home). I've always wanted to see the show. It looks like a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have your email! My blog just went private. If you'd like an invite, just email me at spotlesscow131@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is pretty much the best!!! My email is redmojen@gmail.com. I saw yours a while ago and I loved the first picture of the truck and you and your husband! I'll have to look at it again.

    ReplyDelete