Tuesday, July 27, 2010







Over Pioneer Day Weekend we decided to go camping with a few friends (Rebecca and Mike) and family members (Ann and Aaron)! We went to Goblin Valley! It was so stinking hot there! When we first arrived I was immediately regretting our decision to go camping in the middle of the summer in southern Utah, but once we actually saw Goblin Valley and starting wandering around, it was worth the heat! The rock formations were so fun to climb on! Its a perfect spot to play some intense night games. We also went on a hike through Wild Horse Canyon. This canyon is a slot canyon so there were parts of this hike were it was a tight squeeze. The nice part about this hike is that it was mostly in the shade! Unfortunately I forgot my camera on this hike so I didn't get any pictures of it :-( At night it was still pretty hot but cooled off enough to sleep. Our first night there some guy came rolling through the camp grounds with his HUGE motorhome at 1 in the morning, and he kept turning on his generator. I swear the entire camp was ready to kill this guy. His generator kept everyone in the camp ground up all night long! The camp ground is surrounded by big rock cliffs and rock formations so any noise sounds a lot louder and closer than it really was. There were times in the middle of the night that I would hear something that sounded like footsteps were close and it freaked me out! (I made seth come with me to the bathroom once because I was too scared to walk there alone :-) All in all it was a great trip away from everything and spend some time with family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I really regret not going here when we lived in Utah! We kept planning on it but never made it there! So I'm glad you got to go! Sounds like it was a great trip! Minus the motor home guy. :) I hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog link through your facebook profile :) So I thought I would just say hi. Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete