Tuesday, May 3, 2011

31 weeks!

I never thought that 31 weeks would feel like a mile stone to accomplish but it really does! I can't believe I only have 8 weeks and 6 days left before our little boy is due! There are so many mixed emotions about it too. First, I get so excited to be able to finally see this little guy and to have him as part of our family, and spoil him, and love him even more than we already do. On the flip side though I start thinking about the process of getting him here and the pain that I will need to endure and I get pretty nervous and scared. I know thousands of ladies have been through the same process and that we have amazing doctors and technology but I just can't help but dread the delivery. I'm constantly being told that it is all worth it in the end, and that I will forget about all the pain once he is in my arms, but that only comforts me temporarily. Does anyone have advice about how to calm my nerves? You know I also can't wait for the delivery to be here and have him in my arms because then hopefully most of ailments like back pain and having to constantly sleep on my side which puts my hips out of place will be gone. Despite all that I am so thankful for every movement I feel and for every time my husband tells me that I am the most beautiful pregnant lady ever! I love him for making me feel so loved all the time!
PS. One month of school left and so much to do!

2 comments:

  1. Just get an epidural…you'll be fine. It will take the edge off all the pain and it will help you enjoy the miracle that you're experiencing. It really is magical in the delivery room. You'll do great! This sounds weird, but I can't even remember being pregnant…

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be here before you know it! And then you'll have moments of fatigue when you will wish you could stick him back in. haha Really, you will surprise yourself with how well you handle labor. Just keep a positive mental attitude that pain is GOOD. And relax every muscle in your body. It helps a ton. I labored in a hot tub. Wonderful! Plus, modern medicine rocks. You can't go wrong. Labor is exciting cuz you'll have your baby boy in a matter of hours. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete