Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Mason was born 5 days late on July 9th. We thought we were going to have him on July 6 because I was feeling strong contractions then but I wasn't dialating very much at all. Infact, we went to the hospital three separate times before they finally said I was dialated enough and the contractions were strong enough. It was so frustrating to be turned away from the hospital when you have your hopes up to finally hold your baby in your arms! Mason had a rough beginning when he finally arrived because he was in the birth canal for so long that he swallowed alot of junk and so he struggled to breathe. They had to clean out his lungs and pump out his stomach because he kept gagging and choking on the stuff he had swallowed. He was able to come home on July 11 and we love him so much. We can already see that he has grown and he is only a week old! We know our family is not complete without him! I am also amazed though that Mason is already sleeping 4-6 hour stretches during the night which is wonderful for me and Seth. We absolutely love being parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment