Sunday, September 8, 2013

After spending 9 hours in Triage and getting an unsuccessful IV put in by a student and then waiting hours while pitocin was pumped into me trying to dialate, our beautiful baby girl Hailey was born.  Hailey was born exactly a week ago on September 1 at 6:29 am. She was 20 inches long and weighed 6 lbs 10 oz. This delivery was easier than Masons for a couple reasons... 1. the epidural was a lot more successful 2. I was able to feel pressure when she was ready to come so I didn't have to push for 2 hours before she came 3. I was induced due to low fluid levels so my contractions never got strong enough to really bother me before I got an epidural (I'm a wimp when it comes to pain). She is sleepier than Mason ever was but doesn't spit up near as much as he did and is a better eater than Mason.  Hopefully I can get a picture of Mason as a new born and Hailey and put them right next to each other because they look so much alike! Even though shes only been here for a week I feel like shes always been a part of our family and I love her so much! Mason is being such a great big brother already. I can't wait til these two can play together for reals! Being a mom is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad everything went well. Can't wait to see lots of pictures. Enjoy your little sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to meet that sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete