Saturday, December 14, 2013

Some thougts and Pics

I have never been a person who was elequent with my words so forgive me for that. I also don't really know how many people actually look at our blog... especially considering its been months since I've posted anything. However, I wanted to share some feelings I have had lately. I have had some events in my life take place where it has forced me to look at the wonderful things I have. I have a wonderful husband who is trying his hardest to succeed in school. I don't get to see him much but I do know that he loves me and our children. I have also been blessed with two adorable children. Mason and Hailey are my life right now and I can't imagine my life without them. I have also realized how much the gospel of Jesus Christ means to me. I KNOW that families who are sealed in the temple are forever! Over the Thanksgiving break my dear Grandpa passed away due to cancer. He was an amazing example to me and everyone around him. Yes I did cry a lot and I was sad but during the entire funeral services I had this feeling that the body laying in the coffin was the body of my grandpa but it wasn't him. His spirit filled that chapel and warmed all our hearts. He is doing some wonderful work in heaven right now. Knowing that my grandpa is not physically here with us any more gives me a determination to live righteously so I can be with him again! I haven't been able to attend the temple for quite a few months due to Hailey being so young but I am so anxious to attend and feel the peace and comfort that I always feel while I am there. This past week my husband and I got some great advice from our bishop. He said to attend the temple every month, go on a date without the kids regularly, and treat your wife/husband as the most important person in your life because he/she is. As life goes on our children will eventually have families of their own but your husband/wife will always be there. Your relationship with your spouse is the most important relationship you will have on this earth, along with a relationship with our Father in Heaven. I feel very blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and have the knowledge that the gospel has given me.

On a side note here are some pics of what we've been up to lately:

Hailey in her blessing outfit


Hoover Dam on our drive home from Thanksgiving


at 3 months old she is helping me decorate for christmas

Can you tell where Mason decorated?

Mesa temple lights

Mason loves trains

At the train park with our dear friends Jenn and Laila

Mason and Laila Playing on the train


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am lucky you are in my life and I love your darling babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have your blog on my feed. I loved, loved, loved this post! You are so right on about everything. Bron and I started going on dates twice a month (babysitters are hard to get sometimes!) and it's made a huge difference in our marriage.

    P.S. Your kids are darling.

    ReplyDelete